Sunday, June 26, 2011

San Juan (Valencia, Spain)

This is the time of the year that everybody awaits for months, the biggest fiesta in Valencia: San Juan!  (known as Saint Jean in Quebec).  I remember it being quite the party in Quebec, but in Valencia, it is insane!

At around 6PM, people start arriving on the beach: bathing suits, drinks, chairs, fires, picnics, and lots of friends to party with!  The various groups get installed all over the beach, build fires (wood is supplied by the city), and start drinking with their friends.  People spend the entire night there, partying with everybody.  I left with my friends at 6:30AM and the beach was still full with people.

I don't know how it usually is, but this year, there were 200,000 people partying all night!  It is by far the most insane party I've ever attended, and the French and Quebec crew I was with definitely made it a little bit more insane!  Everybody going swimming in the middle of the night, running around the beach trying to find all there friends, definitely a must if you are there during that time!

A great party to celebrate the almost end to my year in Valencia!



No comments:

Post a Comment