Sunday, June 26, 2011

Despedida (Valencia, Spain)

Despedida is probably the most feared word by the international students in Valencia.  Despedida signifies "Goodbye" Party.  As this is the story of my Despedida, this also signifies that it will be the last blog from my life in Europe.  Very unfortunate, and feared, but it was still a great evening!

As this was the night after our crazy fiesta of San Juan, people were all a little tired, but managed to pull themselves together and come out for one last night with me!  My dear Frenchies were so kind to throw me a little dinner/predrink at their place, preparing a huge table full of tapas and wine.  Many of my friends, the ones left in Valencia, came by to have a few drinks with us before heading to the nightclub.

Around 2AM we headed to Umbracle, one of my favourite nightclubs in Valencia - it is part of the City of Arts and Sciences, gorgeous view, all outdoors.  There we met up with some more of my friends, and partied one last time until came time to leave.  4AM, Amelie, Flo and I took a cab back to my apartment to go change and grab my things.  4:45 the cab got there to take me to the airport - the girls also joined me all the way there.  Once I got to the airport I saw that a few of my friends had managed to get their butts to the airport to say bye one last time.  After the craziness of the airport and saying bye to my beloved friends, I headed through security and came home.

Spain was unreal, a once in a lifetime experience that I would do again any day!  I had a blast there, travelling, meeting new people, and now having friends all over the world - friends that are dearly missed!

Hope everyone enjoyed the blogs, it was sure an amazing time to visit all those places!

No comments:

Post a Comment